MandarineSlice: my life is full of music

MandarineSlice

Hopefull pessimist...and I am sure the world has not seen enough of me...just as I have definitely not seen enough of it! ;)

Tuesday, March 13, 2007

my life is full of music

I wake up every mornin when the fresh sun rays fall on my face. My mornings all seem quite the same...I wish I could wake up everyday to a cheery rhythm like Friday I'm in love or at least to a motivating, spirited one like Sunday, bloody Sunday... But lately it's been more of a Tracy Chapman- She's got her ticket ...to a manic Monday. And it's just another manic Monday ...every day... I eat something on the run, no time for Breakfast at Tiffany's, then comes the hardest part- picking out my clothes.
When I look at the watch, it's already
the end of the world as we know it and I start to run baby, run to catch the bus to make to work at a decent late hour. As soon as I'm on it, I wish I could call The Police (heard they've reunited recently) and have them tell all the people pushing up against me "Don't stand so close to me". But soon afterwards, on the rest of my way to work I realise that we are all spirits in a Material world ...and that's the way we get by. You need to work and struggle hard to make a decent living.
At work I sit at my desk for 8 hours and try to fix
miniature disasters or keep myself from causing them. Sometimes I just wish I was on the other side of the world.
At the end of each day my baby comes to Rescue Me (Aretha Franklin).
The space between us seems painfully wide sometimes, but as soon as work is over we are back together and everything is "A Perfect Ten". The rest of the evening is full of bright lights because it's the time I can really be myself and feel at ease. For reasons unknown, we sometimes fight, but for the same kind of reasons we always find our peace within each other.
When the long day is over and I come back home, I think about all these things I've done throughout the day and take comfort in the thought that the world will turn tomorrow as well and I'll have a The Whole Wide World to conquer all over again.
Anybody who sleeps with butterflies the way I do is bound to have a beautiful sleep.

Labels:

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I will take it from you and let you know my side of the story ;)
Maybe I cannot find the exact words to put it but for me there is also a morning bell which rings and lets me know that sun is shining once again for me. I turn on the other side but there it is,
ringing again. I to dream about the perfect place but I have to wake up... I once again give up the idea of jogging once around the
block
.
I think I am changing more and more and become
one of the rest. Am I wry? Maybe, but I am just an ordinary who can be bought by a cup of cofee , not tea ;)

Mar 13, 2007, 2:50:00 PM  
Blogger albeenah said...

Lovely!!!Seems like a Perfect day ;) I am really glad I had this idea :D

Mar 13, 2007, 3:12:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

ce multe linkuri :))) nici nu mai stiu unde sa apas. si asa tare ma enerveaza ca am o conexiune nasoala :( dar o sa am rabdare pt cateva din ele.

Mar 13, 2007, 9:03:00 PM  
Blogger albeenah said...

eu cred ca merita...si la mine si la comment-ul lui blomqvis. Si eu am o conexiune proasta..deci gandeshte-te cat am stat sa le gasesc pe toate ...

Mar 13, 2007, 9:19:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

acum sunt la munca si merge bine :D ma delectez cu muzici ;)) hehe

ah da, multumesc!

Mar 14, 2007, 10:05:00 AM  
Blogger albeenah said...

:)

Mar 14, 2007, 10:49:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

minunata opera de arta :)

Mar 14, 2007, 1:52:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home