MandarineSlice: telefonul fix sau mobil - instructiuni de folosire

MandarineSlice

Hopefull pessimist...and I am sure the world has not seen enough of me...just as I have definitely not seen enough of it! ;)

Monday, March 26, 2007

telefonul fix sau mobil - instructiuni de folosire


long time ago...back in the days I had friends... the phone used to be a lovely, an indispensable utility that I kept with me always and used quite frequently in order to spare my fellow human beings of the effort of pushing a button. I am afraid I have found myself a life meanwhile and instead of spending restless evenings, after work, engaged in endless phone conversations which I initiated and followed through...I now engage in other activities perhaps not as interesting, perhaps more! Needless to say, the friends I used to call 24-7 and sometimes spent even whole nights talking to, have now ceased to exist...at least as far as a phone call is concerned!
I miss them sometimes...I would love to know that having a boyfriend does not imply my absolute isolation and exilation from the single friends I had before. For God's sake I have to look for couples...perhaps boring ones...just to avoid the situation where across the table from them (single friends) are two people instead of one now. NOT to mention my married friends, that have isolated me regardless of my single status...I am neither married, nor single, therefore not adequate for either of these two groups anymore.

I would like to hear from them now and then...and I fear that after my inevitable death as a constant
call maker to all my friends...I must leave, as means of an inheritance, some instructions on how to use the phone ( I say constant...because I am still the only one who calls but only at much longer intervals) . My friends simply don't know how to use the phone anymore. I fear that this simple explanation will suffice. It is just the thing they need. Their other feeble excuses die and wither in time.. or as time passes and they have to come up with a different excuse for not calling every month of the year. Well here's to all of you inviting me to your weddings or to your future birthday parties, in one year or so, when we'll get to see each other again: LEARN TO USE THE PHONE!!!
As I remember it...it's quite easy...you just need to follow these three simple steps:

1. When you want to find out something about someone, how he's doing, if he's busy, if he's had a heart attack, if he fell in one of Bucharest's large street whole, just pick up the phone, mobile or home phone...the conversation tariffs are coming together...they're kindda the same nowdays
2. Press that dusty green button and get out your agenda

3. Dial their number...and wait to see if they answer...

Additional
notice - If not successful on your first call you might try again later if it's not a major imposition!!! It might just be that you will be able to reach the person in the end and actually have a conversation that does not imply forwarded e-mails, messenger windows or ...God forbid... the ol' face to face horror of seeing an old friend ;)

Labels:

9 Comments:

Blogger Adinaaa said...

When I was younger, I used to talk and talk on the phone for hours but recently I realized that I don't like speaking on the phone anymore. Nowadays I'm very brief and usually saying stuff like "Care to go out for a beer?" But you know what? I think I'm gonna ring some friends of mine to see how they're doing. I'm sure they will appreciate. Thanks. :D

Mar 26, 2007, 6:53:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

eu raspund in romana pentru ca vreau sa fac mai multe greseli de ortografie :P
daca ei nu te suna niciodata, poate ca nu iti sunt prieteni. sunam si eu in prostie si vorbeam mult dar acum am devenit un mare carnat si daca cineva imi da bip ii dau si eu inapoi tot bip. sa sune daca vrea ceva. eu nu mai sunt centralist. ba chiar am fost catalogat drept misogin de catre fosta prietena pentru ca am refuzat sa o sun doar eu. nu stiam ca daca nu mai vreau facturi de peste 3 milioane, urasc femeile. me so stupid :))

Mar 27, 2007, 7:50:00 AM  
Blogger albeenah said...

I don't think the length of the phone call is important, but just the fact that you show someone, you supposedly care about, that you give a damn! I mean a phone call means a little more effort on your part than an "Fwd" mail or a mass message. I'm glad you're up for calling your friends again...but from what you say...u're not a hopeless case anyway! U're one of the last callers standing ;)
Si ca sa raspund si eu in romana cu greselile de ortografie de rigoare...probabil ca nu imi sunt de fapt prieteni. Dar mai degraba...eu cred ca nu prea mai stiu ce inseamana asta. Atunci cand aveam mai mult timp, n-am avut nicodata curajul sa-i las pe ei sa sune. Sa ma ambitionez sa nu-i sun deloc o perioada sa vad cine mi-e cu adevarat prieten si cine nu. Acu primesc reprosuri multe ca EU nu mai sun pentru ca i-am obisnuit asa...prost! Dar pana la urma sunt doar scuze...iar dragoste cu sila nu se poate. Cat despre femei care asteapta doar sa fie sunate...nush..mie aia nu mi se pare relatie si un fel de telefon cu fir la un capat...iar la celalalt se taie firu'. intr-o relatie...faci schimb reciproc de de toate :D

Mar 27, 2007, 10:18:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

sau vorba cantecului (cred ca era un cantec..):de fiecare data cand telefonul meu nu suna,esti tu la celalalt capat al firului :)

Mar 27, 2007, 10:34:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

se vede ca esti scorpioanca :D

Mar 27, 2007, 2:40:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

daca tot veni vb de telefon fix si mobil uite ceva ce are legatura cu amandoua :D eu as folosi asa ceva in autobuz :P

Mar 27, 2007, 2:55:00 PM  
Blogger albeenah said...

lol...asa esti asigurat...k ai ai interlocutor si la celalalt capat al firului

Mar 27, 2007, 3:18:00 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I don't like talking on the phone. Never did. To me, phone is to arrange a meeting or to say something important. I like to call a friend to call him over my place or to check why is he late again, cause it's fucking cold outhere. Chatting on ymsg is more interesting if you're doing it with a cyber friend or to keep relations, so I accept it. Otherwise, is boring as well. Best is to meet people, that's how you really know them an enjoy them.

However, what I wanted to say is I am really getting annoyed with people I run into and they pretend and ask why did not call them. Why the fuck didn't you call if you missed me that much? Beah!...

Mar 27, 2007, 4:19:00 PM  
Blogger albeenah said...

what you wanted to say Jeriko is exactly my point too! If they really wanted to know what you were doing...why not call or maybe write a longer e-mail..anything...
Or you know when you just call them up after a long time and they answer quite suprised and slap you with this one: "Hey! How are you? I was just about to call you!" or "I was just wondering how you were" or "I was just thinking about calling you"...well think no more...just pick up the damn phone and call ;P

Mar 27, 2007, 7:09:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home