MandarineSlice: need-to-know, need-to-go, need-to-forget places

MandarineSlice

Hopefull pessimist...and I am sure the world has not seen enough of me...just as I have definitely not seen enough of it! ;)

Monday, February 12, 2007

need-to-know, need-to-go, need-to-forget places


The thing that I remeber best about places, the thing that makes me think of them even when I am not actually there...the thing that makes me automatically press "refresh" in my head are the feelings ans sensations I had when I was there...
...the smell, the rush, the deja-vu feeling (when you pass by a wall or step on a piece of pavement you think you've been on before, when you are impressed by vivid colors in a grey city, when you find flowers on an arid piece of land...when you find Hundertwasser on a symetrical, quite boring vienese building, when you find the place you think you might have been born in, but your parents probably didn't have enough money so they moved out)
... the music playing in the background, the music it made me think of ...(when I go to Arenele Romane I will always think of Placebo, when I think of a tram in Viena I will always see Bono playing the drums while singing Sunday Bloody Sunday, when I think of how we met on the Internet...I will always think of "Under the weather" by KT Tunstall)
...the taste of the food I ate there (so delicious that you actually associate a place with a taste...isn't that weird...to actaully think of the park near BulandraTheatre as a "delicious, wholesome" place?)
...the words that took me there (for example when you say hillside or port I think of Salonic, but I can also think of it when you say punk comunity or ask me where I would like to live)
...the light that strikes it in a special way (morning sunrays through my window, crystal blue water on a beach in Italy, the cats at the Colloseum)
...the attitude flowing in the atmoshpere or the atmosphere given by the attitude...the clothes I was wearing... (snobs and more snobs making a place look snobbish, Fire or B52 and what it's not anymore...a new place I just discovered that made me drop all my predudices regarding people and good music and the connection to the way they dress)
...the heaven I felt the first time I heard those 3 words...and how sunny and beautiful , my otherwise dull and ugly neighborhood looked
Photos courtesy from here

Labels:

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

vroiam sa zic ca si eu asociez locuri cu mirosuri, de exemplu metroul de la unirea=ulei statut+ baie nespalata+cartofi prajiti
da' nu zic, sa nu-ti stric post-ul poetic ;)

Feb 14, 2007, 11:54:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

sper sa nu te deranjeze daca te pun in lista mea de link-uri. Nu de alta dar ca sa ajung la "tine" trebuie sa intru mereu pe blog-ul lui O sau sa caut in comment-uri si chiar imi face placere sa citesc ceea ce postezi :)

Feb 14, 2007, 12:28:00 PM  
Blogger albeenah said...

bliss...da si eu kam tot asha..realist vroiam sa scriu initial..dar m-au deraiat pozele astea muuult prea faine;
lexya...sa ma deranjeze?!? Ma bucura teribil...eu " nu ma bag in seama" decat pe blogurile oamenilor care NU ma deranjeaza...oricum tre sa fac si eu neste modificari in blogroll

Feb 14, 2007, 1:51:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home